Good and not-yet-so-good parts of the new software components that we split the osmo-nitb into: osmo-bsc, osmo-msc, osmo-hlr
The actual state of the new, split software components and the nature of their benefits, but also things that used to be easy in osmo-nitb that are currently impossible in the split components -- and how to fix that.
after the talk, additions to "things currently not working":
* auth-policy accept-all in osmo-msc (would be trivial to implement in osmo-hlr)
* RLLP (there's code in osmo-msc that seems active though, needs investigation)
* osmux in osmo-mgw not working, only in the old osmo-bsc_mgcp and osmo-bsc_nat
* "transcode" between 2G (RTP proper) and 3G (IuUP/RTP)
* E1 BTS support in osmo-bsc.git